I am officially 27 weeks pregnant now. That means if I had a
repeat of Matthew, I would be going into labor this week. Let’s hope that doesn’t
happen. With my history of pre-term labor, I’ve had to be careful during
pregnancy and try to avoid things like lifting kids, etc. So when you see me
dragging my kids by the arms, you know why. Well, we just got back from a fun
Thanksgiving trip (Idaho and Utah – pictures coming soon I hope) and on the
last day of our trip we decided to go to the Church History Museum in Salt Lake
City. We were just finishing up and trying to get the kids out the door when
they spotted the escalators again. (Can I mention we had 5 adults and our 3
boys, so I thought we could manage corralling them around). First Matthew
decided he wanted to go down and up the down escalator, I was able to talk him
out of it (after he played for a minute) when Brandon decided he wanted in on
the fun. When I blocked his way, he decided to throw his sweatshirt down. I
quickly called Scott over hoping he could rescue it before we had to wait the
full time for him to go all the way down and then all the way back up again. I
dragged Brandon away from the elevator while Scott went to get Brandon’s
sweatshirt, but Matthew decided he wanted to play on the escalator again. By
this point Brandon is not happy, so we just go outside and hope Scott and
Matthew are close behind. A few minutes later Scott and Matthew join us outside
(don’t worry Brandon is running and stomping on flowers by this point) and I
find that Matthew’s sweatshirt has the sleeve cuff ripped off. Scott said he heard
Matthew crying/yelling and was able to grab him/rip him away from the escalator
that was eating up Matthew’s sweatshirt. Oh, the fun times of being pregnant
and feeling completely helpless…
1 comment:
Hahahaha! What a hilarious and traumatic story! I hope you got a picture of his ripped sleeve! And let's hope you don't go into labor this week :)
LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment