Sunday, July 1, 2012

picking strawberries


On Saturday we headed over to Spooner Berry Farms to pick strawberries. We almost opted for just buying some at the stand because it was raining pretty hard and Brandon fell asleep in the car ride over, but the boys were pretty excited and the rain let up a bit so we opted to pick them ourselves. And it turned out to be perfect. Matthew and Cameron helped Scott pick the berries while I held Brandon. And we even got to ride a tractor! After the berry picking we came home to make strawberry freezer jam, strawberry rhubarb pie, eat strawberries dipped in sour cream and brown sugar, and fresh strawberries. I'm already excited for next year!













3 comments:

All Handleys on Deck! said...

Sar- I love your hair in the picture of you holding Brandon! It looks super cute! Love ya!

Jaimie said...

Yeah for Spooners! Good for you guys! We need to get on it!! Only four days left!! I can't wait!

Lindsay said...

Yum! Your family looks adorable. Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog by the way. :)